Hope & Power for Your Personal Financesby YWCA on June 4, 2020
As things are constantly shifting around us, our Hope and Power classes are more important than ever! We are excited to be offering our Hope and Power for your Personal Finances classes ONLINE this summer! These are FREE, non-traditional, trauma informed, holistic financial education classes for women who have experienced an abusive or controlling relationship. Contact Natalia at 206-336-6978 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, class participation requirements to register. Please help us spread the word!
Click on the picture for a printable PDF format.
Participants need a smart phone to participate, and we will be providing weekly participation incentives and technology reimbursements. We also offer incentives to everyone who successfully completes the classes—up to $75!
Plus we work with the BankOn Seattle/King County program and graduates may be eligible to receive an additional $100 from some participating banks if they chose to open an account.
Classes run from July 6th – August 14th.
It is a very comprehensive class—we cover everything that is typically in a financial education class, plus lots of other topics that are critically important for dv survivors:
· Financial abuse and safety planning
· Goal setting and your personal values
· Making your dollar stretch each month (budgeting!)
· Unmasking the mysteries of credit
· Debt management
· How to make banking work for you
· Employment protections for dv survivors
· Dependable strengths
· Housing protections for dv survivors, housing options, and your rights/responsibilities as a renter
· ID Theft and consumer rights
· Federal Income Taxes/EITC
· And much more!