CITY OF RENTON
General Information (425) 430-6400
Airport Weather Station (425) 255-6080
Animal Control (425) 430-7550
City Clerk (425) 430-6510
City Council (425) 430-6501
Community Relations (425) 430-6522
Economic Development (425) 430-6575
Emergencies, Police/Fire/Medic 911
Fire Department (425) 430-7000
Garbage (425) 430-6852
Inspection Requests (425) 430-7202
Maintenance – Street and Utility (425) 430-7400
Mayor’s Office (425) 430-6500
SERVICES PROVIDED AT THE CHAMBER
Certificates of Origin
WHAT IS A CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN?
A Certificate of Origin (COO) is an important international trade document attesting that goods in a particular export shipment have been wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country. It is also a declaration by the exporter. Virtually every country in the world considers the origin of imported goods when determining what duty will be assessed on the goods or, in some cases, whether the goods may be legally imported at all. The 1923 Geneva Convention named Chambers of Commerce the official body to issue, sign and stamp Certificates of Origin worldwide.
Certificate of Origin Steps:
1. The Renton Chamber will only seal completed COOs. The proper Certificate of Origin must be completely filled out and notarized prior to presenting it to the Renton Chamber.
2. The business who submits a COO to the Renton Chamber must include the corresponding manufacturer’s invoices, shipper’s affidavits, and other documents that confirm the origin of the goods. The product information that is listed matches the product on the invoice. Do not leave off product numbers, quantities or descriptions.
3. Copies of these documents, including the COO, will be kept by the Renton Chamber for a period of three years. A copy of the COO and pertaining documents must be provided by the business requesting the COO.
4. Certificate of Origin requests will be processed by appointment only Monday through Friday and authorized at the chamber’s office located at 625 S 4th St Renton, WA 98057. Requestors are urged to submit COOs prior 2-3 business days in advance to allow time for processing. COO requests are coordinated by Diane Dobson at (425) 226-4560 or Diane@gorenton.com
Please call or email to schedule an appointment.
1. The Renton Chamber only attests to the documents as they are presented—it is not attesting to the validity of the claim of where the goods were produced. Furthermore, the Renton Chamber will not be held liable if the U.S. Company does not present all of the appropriate documentation needed for international importation or exportation, or any other reason that may result in the company’s shipment being held at foreign customs.
2. A current member with the Renton Chamber of Commerce will be charged $10 per COO; multiple copies can be stamped and sealed as long as they are for the same invoice. A non-member of the Renton Chamber of Commerce will be charged $30 per COO to stamp and seal.